Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Go fly a kite


It felt like mid summer here today! We took advantage of the great weather for a trip to the beach after Ben got home. We had a picnic dinner which Sara loved. "We are having a picnic! It's the best way to have dinner!" Then we went to watch the boats and fly Sara's kite on the beach along the channel. There were plenty of boats for Sara to wave at and Dave seemed to have fun discovering sand. Sara ran around wearing herself out.

After a quick stop to Target for Tylenol and baby wipes, it was time for baths. Sara has started to get terribly upset when she has to get washed up. I'm not sure why. She just sobs when she sees the soap. I managed to get her cleaned up and into her clean nightgown. Then she let me brush her hair and help brush her teeth with no complaints. I can't figure this out, but I suppose this will probably pass in time. Dave does not have this problem; he loves his bath. He splashes and giggles and has a great time. Ben noted that I looked more soaked than Dave after that bath was done.

David is still up rolling around on the rug. He's been a little crabby and sick today. Tylenol and cuddling seem to put him right, but I'm giving him a helmet break for a bit and letting him just lay and snuggle his fuzzy blankie. He's such a laid back little man.

Just got Dave to bed with his blankie and thumb in mouth. Ben is out working on the boat and I'm listening to the Tigers on the radio/watching the score online. And as I type that I see that the game finished while I was up tucking Dave in. The Tigers are on a roll! I hear a few babbles from upstairs, but it's mostly quiet. I'm so glad both kids have the ability to put themselves to sleep, it makes bedtime so much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment